Established in 2017, Sharpen Capital is an independent investment manager operating in the Brazilian and US markets. Our team consists of qualified professionals with extensive experience in a variety of sectors of the economy.
The firm focuses on structured credit, private equity and special situations. Sharpen Capital strives to become the partner-of-choice of our clients, companies and entrepreneurs.
Sharpen Capital’s main focus is long-term value creation for its stakeholders. We operate through flexible structures to optimize risk-adjusted returns, seeking to generate consistent performance, maximization of return for our investors, and the perpetuation of the value generated by the invested companies.
We have an efficient and thorough process of analysis and structuring for all our investment opportunities. We and/or our affiliated parties invest between 10% and 20% of the total amount in all our investments, representing a significant portion of our assets and commitment to our strategy. Sharpen also seeks to work with top line business people and executives to increase the value of our core strategy and operational initiatives in each of our investments.
- Debt solutions: structured, senior, mezzanine or subordinate;
- Diversified and flexible structures seeking the most efficient and safe alternative;
- Focus on high profitability, with disciplined risk in order to optimize the risk/return ratio;
- Decisions based on reputational analysis, cash flow analysis and appropriate collateral levels to ensure the preservation of capital.
- Growth Equity and turnaround capital for midsize companies looking for smart money;
- Solutions for special situations;
- High growth and risk-adjusted return on invested capital;
- Approach: We seek investments aligned to Sharpen Capital’s principles and business associates willing to build a long-term partnership with ability to attract talent, organize structures and generate sustainable growth for the invested companies.
- Special Situations: illiquid assets in distress, judicial requests and lawsuits, receivables, real estate opportunities, corporate disputes and operational restructuring.
Sharpen Capital is registered with the CVM (Brazilian Securities Commission) and permitted to perform investment management activities. Please refer to the links below for more information: